Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spring is here . . . now that it's summer!

    So really . . . this is what a nice spring day looks like . . . heading to Idaho City the weekend before Memorial DayBig huge flakes of snow . . . heavy wet snow!!  It looked as if someone had taken a sifter full of powdered sugar and sugared the mountains.  
    Had it not been mid May it would have been a sight of great beauty . . . actually it was rather beautiful because I knew it wasn't going to last for very long! 
      It was all rather mystical looking!  
     
     
     
     
    Looking out the kitchen window a true sign of spring . . . look  CLOSE . . .  see that little yellow bird.  What great background color for her.   
     
     
     
    I know it's really getting spring when Vic pulls out the Ol Harley . . . and  I pull out my faithful little 500. . .  just waitin' to hit the road! 
     I   LOVE tulips!!   and creeping phlox!  and my little violets!!  and who could forget my little "forget me nots. . .  I   LOVE  them all!

  Spring looks a little different at Placerville . . . and is a little slower in coming . . . but it comes and it's worth the wait!  Just as are all good things in life worth the wait! 

3 comments:

Susannah said...

I can feel your pain and joy!! Pain that it took so long to get here...Joy that it is finally here, and hopefully to stay!

Alona said...

Love these pictures! It was great to see you guys!

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

Isn't it crazy how we kind of miss those cool days when it gets raging hot? The pictures are beautiful! Loved the post.